Experience the joy of dance while developing confidence, creativity and sound technical foundations.
Ages: preschool – 18 year olds
Classical ballet is a disciplined art form, giving students an awareness of posture, musicality, spacial awareness and an opportunity to develop focus, commitment and concentration skills. All these abilities are an important part of a dancer's development and are an excellent foundation for other dance forms including creative and contemporary dance.
About OTM Ballet classes
- Our ballet classes teach the Russian Vaganova system brought to Australia by Australia's first Prima Ballerina, Laurel Martyn.
- The Vaganova method is highly respected in the professional dance world and taught in many Australian and international private and tertiary ballet schools. It is ideal for students who wish to pursue ballet as a hobby or a career.
- Ballet exams are held annually and are an option for students who are keen to challenge themselves in a formalised way.
- OTM places great importance on dance safety and impeccable technique. We also incorporate the Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) system by Marie Walton-Mahon ensuring that our students reach their highest potential with an awareness of the biomechanics of dance alongside their artistry.
- Our classical ballet program begins with our Petit Ballet Classes designed for preschoolers, through to classical ballet training for Primary (Stage 1 to 4) to the Senior level (Degree 1 to 6) in the Laurel Martyn Dance Teaching System.
What to wear
Please refer to uniform section of our ballet handbook for detailed information on what to wear to your ballet class.